The best part of the book was that it was laden with tips. How to , What to, what if and What not.
Here I am sharing with you some of the tips
- Remove odor of onions from your hands by applying little vinegar.
- After cleaning fish, rub your hands on the steel sink or apply lemon juice to get rid of the smell of fish.
- When cake gets stuck to the baking pan , keep a wet towel under the warm pan. The steam will help to release the cake.
- When you accidentally put more salt in a curry , add bread pieces. It soaks up the salt and you can remove it later before you serve.
- When grinding urad dhal for dosa , soak urad dhal for only half an hour. this will ensure you will have lot more batter in the end.
- Watery eyes while chopping onions. Just open the sink and stand near it and cut. Tear are gone.
- Line the bottom of the vegetable drawers in the fridge with a paper towel to absorb liquids that make veggies wilt.
- Potatoes: To keep them from budding, place an apple in the bag with potatoes.
- To get the most juice out of a lemon, bring to room temperature and roll them under your palm on your counter a few times before squeezing.
- Get yourself a bunch of fresh cilantro, wash and trim of the stems. Dry on paper towels then put in individual freezer snack bags. Freeze. When you need some fresh cilantro just get a pack from the freezer, crush or chop and add to your recipe. Fresh cilantro!